Skip to main content

SCS Financial Management FAQs

Accountancy FAQs

Here at SCS Financial Management we understand that you may have questions about management accountancy. Below are some frequently asked questions, giving you some of the answers you are looking for.

To find out more about the services we provide in Reigate and across Surrey, call today on 01737 373707.

Why should I use a qualified accountant?

Using a professional accountant with memberships of official bodies can bring you many benefits. As well as saving you time, they can find areas in which your business can improve. It can be hard to manage all aspects and having help finding opportunities for growth can make all the difference.

What can you help with?

At SCS Financial Management we can assist with a number of areas, including:

Budgeting & Forecasting
Cashflow Management
Financial Analysis
VAT Returns
Weekly, Fortnightly, Monthly Basis

Can I change from my current accountants to yourselves?

With careful planning it is easy to switch accountants. Make sure that you are working with a company who you can trust and that all your paperwork is in order.

I’m really busy. Can you help me?

I’m really busy. Can you help me?

We specialise in helping people who don’t have time, so of course we can help. We’ll work around your time constraints and ensure that everything is handled professionally.

Does my company need to be VAT registered?

If your company exceeds the annual threshold, then you will need to be VAT registered. This is a legal requirement so it’s important that it is done. However, if you haven’t reached the threshold then you can voluntarily register.

You can find more about the threshold in our VAT guide.

Are there deadlines for Corporation Tax?

Yes, there are. To comply with HMRC regulations, you must pay any Corporation Tax within 9 months of the end of a financial year. After this, you should file the company Tax Return no more than 12 months after the end of a financial year.

When is the tax year deadline and period for self-assessment?

Each tax year runs from April 6 to April 5. You typically have until January 31 the following year to file your return and pay any NI or tax that is due. It is also worth checking whether you have payments due on January 31 and July 31.

Do I have to have PAYE (Payroll)?

Whether you have one employee or a large team, you need to be registered for PAYE.

Contact Us To Take The Next Step

For more information regarding our payroll services in Reigate, contact SCS Financial Management today. We will always provide a fast response to our clients and discuss the services you require in great detail, ensuring we always meet your requirements. Make an enquiry and call 01737 373707 or fill in our contact form today.

Find Out More